Today I am write here are few simple tips and step by step screenshots to unlock hauwei b970 HSDPA modem.I have 3G Huawei B970 modem locked to mobile network “VIVA” .I'll try to explain the way that I could unlock it.I have used the way for unlocking Huawei E220.Step by step instructions to unlock the huawei b970 HSDPA modem.
Described by Er.Dave in Thanks
Basic Requirements:1) Your Huawei B970 HSDPA modem
2) Essential Softwares:
- Mobile Partner,
- Dc-unlocker client,
- Hex Editor,PSAS(Phone System Analisys Software) and
- Huawei Code Tool.
Step-By-Step Instructions To Unlock The Huawei B970 HSDPA Modem:-
Step 1:-Remove the SIM card and connect the B970 Modem with USB cable to the PC. if your modem is recognized correctly in “Device manager” of Control Panel you should see the following detected devices.
- 3G modem
- Com Port interface – (remember number of com port -in example is COM11)
- Bus enumerator device
- check com port number of 3G modem
Step 2:-check the status of device –( this step can skip)
Start DC-unlocker and check the status of device
Step 3:-Run PSAS and select : Hardware Forensics -> Use Mobile Ports
Step 4:-Run XVI32 Hex Editor and Open the saved file Flash.bin.
Step 5:-Run Huawei Modem Code Tool ->Scan for hardware dongle.
Do not forget to make hardware reset of the modem.
Step 6:-Sometimes the modem firmware also is locked as the result of my modem. After unlocking the card device worked well as a router ... but connected as a usb modem started constantly restart. So I replaced the firmware and dashboard with “South Africa Vodacom TA Version 20091120”
1. Remove SIM card from router.
2. Connect Power supply to modem
3. Connect Router to PC with network Cable .
4. Configure Your PC network card with static IP Adres
a. IP: 192.168.1.20
b. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
c. Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
5. If everything is correct you can verify that 192.168.1.1 page opens in a browser
6. Run “FmcUpdate.exe” in firmware folder . firmware file WLATCPK11007_UPDATE_ALL.BIN shouldbe there
7. Run “FmcUpdate.exe” in dashboard dashboard file Run “FmcUpdate.exe” in firmware folder . firmware file WLATCPK11007_UPDATE_ALL.BIN should be there.
8. That's all !!