Today while browsing for a solution to unlock BSNL 3G USB Stick, I came across this wonderful post.The BSNL USB stick is not firmware locked rather is Dialer locked, that means you use a different dialer and there is no lock. Also there is a small trick to unlock the dialer. All you have to do is tweak a registry key for windows users and Linux users can use it without any efforts.So let me take you through detailed steps on how to change registry keys.
Follow the steps below :-
- Goto START >> RUN
- In RUN dialog type “regedit” without quotes, and hit ENTER. This will open up the registry editor
- Now browse to the Key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Linktop3G”
- In the right pane look for the key Engineer.
- Double click it to open and change the value to “0″
- Click OK and close the registry file.
- Do a system reboot.
- Create a new connection profile and you are ready to connect the internet using any
GSM service provider of your choice.
|Change Value to “0″|
- If you not too techie and find it difficult to follow the procedure above, you can download the registry key here.
- Download the .zip file extract the registry key, double click and it
- will ask if you want to add the key. Hit YES and there you are done.