Are you using an Airtel 4G hotspot device and like to change the SSID? Follow the simple steps described here to change your Wi-Fi hotspot name.
Airtel 4G hotspot device can be configured through it's web management console. Follow the steps below to change the SSID of your Wi-Fi hotspot device:
How to Change Airtel 4G Huawei E5573cs-609 Hotspot SSID?
- Connect your 4G hotspot device to your computer using a microUSB cable.
- Launch the web management console on your browser. In most cases, the web management console is accessible using the URL http://192.168.1.1/
- When prompted, login using your admin credentials. The default user name and password is admin and admin respectively. If you haven't changed the default credentials, it is strongly recommended to replace the default password with a strong password.
- Click on "Settings" tab in the web management console.
- Click on the menu "WLAN" on your leftbar.
- Click on "WLAN Basic Settings"
Airtel 4G Change SSID
- Look for the SSID field on the screen. The default SSID for my device was "Airtel-E5573-F725"
- Change the SSID to any name you like. In my case, I am using the name "Techulator-4G".
- You may leave the security mode as "WPA2-PSK", unless you are an advanced user and you know what you need.
- Change the password to your preferred password that you can easily remember and also share with your family members/friends.
- You may leave the option "Enable broadcast" so that others around you (family members) can see the hotspot name in their computer and connect to it. If you disable this option, nobody can see this hotspot connection in their mobile/computer but they will have to type it manually to connect to it.
- Press the "Apply" button.
That's all. Now check the available Wi-Fi connections in your mobile or computer. You will see a Wi-Fi connection with the name you just selected.